With our video series, we want to share results and findings with as many companies as possible and encourage and enable them to package both sustainably and in a consumer-friendly way.
In six different videos you will find answers to the questions:
- Responsibility for sustainable packaging- what you need to do now
- Who actually determines (circular) packaging design?
- Circular packaging solutions today: What is already possible, what is still missing?
- Requirements from the German Packaging Act (VerpackG)
- Who is responsible for what in the value chain?
- The most common packaging myths – and how you can deal with them
- What are prevalent packaging myths?
- How are different packaging materials perceived?
- How can packaging myths be counteracted?
- Complex packaging- perception and disposal
- Do separation and sorting instructions on packaging have an effect?
- What influence do the look and feel of packaging have on recycling behaviour?
- How can packaging be designed in a recycling-friendly way?
- Reusable packaging and ReUse – on the rise?
- What was the waste hierarchy again?
- What are the trends and innovations in reusable and returnable packaging?
- What is ReUse?
- What is reusable? Incentives and barriers from the customer’s point of view
- What falls under refill and return packaging? Incentives and barriers from the customer’s point of view
- What does the future of ReUse look like?
- Design and evaluate sustainable packaging.
- What role does design play in packaging acceptance?
- What are basic sustainable packaging strategies?
- What assistance is available? Presenting astonishing examples
- Sustainable packaging strategies – interview with dm-drogerie markt and REWE Group
- What are the core principles of the current packaging strategy of REWE Group and dm-drogerie markt?
- What criteria are used to evaluate packaging sustainability at both companies?
- How is the development of packaging innovations aligned with a certain level of customer acceptance ensured?
- What are they doing differently with regard to sustainable packaging today than 5 years ago ?
- What do the speakers see as issues that companies will need to address in this field over the next 5 years?
- What are the speakers’ personal best-practice packages?
You can watch our Video-Series here:
This innovative project approach was made possible with the kind support of the Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt (DBU).
Through its German Packaging Club, CIAP has been addressing the requirements for sustainable packaging with a behavioural focus since 2019. Together, club members from retail, recycling, services, science and civil society are working on enabling the implementation of circular packaging with a consumer focus.